Adapted 11th July 2016
The OpendTect software collects anonymous data from the computer environment that it is running on:
- Update checks: OpendTect, as well as the OpendTect installer, collects a unique system ID as well basic system property such as number of CPU’s, amount of memory when contacting the backend servers for new software releases. The unique system ID is hashed, and cannot be traced back to an individual user. The collected information is used together with the IP address of the request to monitor global software usage, user location (country only) as well platform statistics.
- Crash reports: in the event of a malfunction of OpendTect, a crash report is generated. This crash report contains information that will help OpendTect’s developers to locate and fix the problem. The crash report is a text-file that contains:
- Technical information about the crash.
- Technical information about the computer such as amount of memory, number of computer cores and a unique system ID. The unique system ID is hashed, and cannot be used to identify the user.
- Any comments the user adds to the crash report before sending it.
All data is viewable in clear text before it is transmitted. No data is transmitted without the active consent of the user. No application data, such as OpendTect projects (or parts thereof) is transmitted. The collected information is used by OpendTect’s developers to investigate the cause of the malfunction. If the user has identified himself in the comments he added, the crash report will be added to the user’s file by OpendTect’s developers, and OpendTect’s support may contact the user for more information, or to inform the user of fixes to the problem.
dGB Earth Sciences can be contacted at:
dGB Earth Sciences BV
dGB Earth Sciences BV is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce with number 08111182.
The use of this website and downloads of it, and the operations of these terms and conditions, shall be governed by the laws of The Netherlands. The courts in The Netherlands shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of the use of this website.