Q: How do I rotate/zoom/pan the display?
A: There are many ways, depending on what you want. Usually, people use the thumb wheels and zoom slider to rotate all scenes, and the mouse+mouse buttons to interact with a single scene.
Q: I have loaded my data but the seismic sections display either black (3D) or red (2D). What can I do?
A: Most 3D display issues can be solved by the following two steps:
- Update your graphics drivers to the latest version
- Go to Utilities--> Settings--> Look and Feel... Switch off the relevant shading option and set the resolution to standard
- Re-start OpendTect.
Please also take a look at our System Requirements page:
For issues of 2D data display (in the 3D scene), you may need to take an extra step:
In 4.6.0d and in all subsequent patches, we have a feature whereby you can set the maximum default texture size. It may be worth you trying to set this value to 4096 and then trying to display the problem line again - see if that works. If not, then please reduce the value to 2048, 1024, 512 etc... You can set this value in the following way:
Utilities--> Settings--> Advanced--> Personal Settings...
Scroll to the bottom of this list and add the entry as you see in this screenshot:
You can check that the settings have been updated in your .settings file in your .od folder (for example in C:\Users\mark\.od...) and re-start OpendTect to ensure that the changes have been effected.
Q: Sometimes, especially on laptops and notebooks, or when using low resolution, some OpendTect windows will not fit properly into the screen and cannot be reduced in size. How do I get around this problem?
A: Resize the icons and the font sizes.
Window Sizing in 6.0 and 6.2
- Goto Utilities > Settings > Look and Feel > Fonts tab...
- Set Control, Graphics 2D & 3D to 8
- Set all the 'Fixed width' to 6
- Press ok & re-launch the window in question. Full restart of OpendTect should not be necessary.
Window Sizing in 5.0
- Goto Utilities > Settings > Look and Feel
- In the 'General' tab... Change the Icon size to 20
- Swap to the 'Fonts' tab
- Set Control, Medium and Large and Fixed-width to 8
- Set all the 'Small' to 6