Q: When I try to pick horizons the picks do not appear where they are picked, why is this happening and what is the solution?
A: Very likely you are using a 4K/8K screen and these screens are not yet fully supported in OpendTect. We are working on a fix.
In the meantime as a workaround you can try to lower the scaling setting of your screen via the Display Settings. For example if it is currently on 250% you can try to lower it to 175%.
Q: OpendTect starts with a popup that scanned my graphics card and shows the warning message 'Intel card found. If your computer has multiple graphics cards, consider switching from the integrated graphics.'. How do I switch to the Nvidia card on Windows?
A: For a detailed guide on how to switch to the Nvidia card on Windows please read the following chapters from the OpendTect Administrator's Manual:
- For Windows 8.1 and 10 up to feature release 2004: Setup the preferred GPU with NVIDIA Control Panel
- For Windows 10 feature release 20H2 or newer: Setup the preferred GPU with Windows settings
Q: How do I rotate/zoom/pan the display?
A: There are many ways, depending on what you want. Usually, people use the thumb wheels and zoom slider to rotate all scenes, and the mouse+mouse buttons to interact with a single scene.
Q: I have loaded my data but the seismic sections display either black (3D) or red (2D). What can I do?
A: Most 3D display issues can be solved by the following two steps:
- Update your graphics drivers to the latest version
- Go to Utilities > Settings > Look and Feel... Switch off the relevant shading option and set the resolution to standard
- Re-start OpendTect.
Please also take a look at our System Requirements page:
For issues of 2D data display (in the 3D scene), you may need to take an extra step:
In 4.6.0d and in all subsequent patches, we have a feature whereby you can set the maximum default texture size. It may be worth you trying to set this value to 4096 and then trying to display the problem line again - see if that works. If not, then please reduce the value to 2048, 1024, 512 etc... You can set this value in the following way:
Utilities > Settings > Advanced > Personal Settings...
Scroll to the bottom of this list and add the entry as you see in this screenshot:
You can check that the settings have been updated in your .settings file in your .od folder (for example in C:\Users\mark\.od...) and re-start OpendTect to ensure that the changes have been effected.
Q: Sometimes, especially on laptops and notebooks, or when using low resolution, some OpendTect windows will not fit properly into the screen and cannot be reduced in size. How do I get around this problem?
A: Resize the icons and the font sizes.
Window Sizing in 6.0 and 6.2
- Goto Utilities > Settings > Look and Feel > Fonts tab...
- Set Control, Graphics 2D & 3D to 8
- Set all the 'Fixed width' to 6
- Press ok & re-launch the window in question. Full restart of OpendTect should not be necessary.
Window Sizing in 5.0
- Goto Utilities > Settings > Look and Feel
- In the 'General' tab... Change the Icon size to 20
- Swap to the 'Fonts' tab
- Set Control, Medium and Large and Fixed-width to 8
- Set all the 'Small' to 6