Seismic Feature Enhancement
The ARK CLS Seismic Feature Enhancement plugin is a flat-spot utility that enhances the signal of consistent flat events and reduces the "noise" of the channel reflections.
All commercial plugins require OpendTect Pro.
- A powerful flat-spot utility that enhances the signal of consistent flat events and reduces the "noise" of the channel reflections
- Seismic resolution of fluid contacts within potential reservoirs is a key risk-reducing factor in exploration prospects
- Occasionally, seismic data clearly resolves obvious fluid contacts prior to drilling
- Frequently though, subtle flat spots are only recognised after discovery
- Recognising flat spots at an earlier stage enhances the interpretation and reduces the risk of dry holes
- A technique has been developed and tested to enhance the signal of flat events within 3D seismic volumes
- The technique involves steering a traverse down a recognised channel axis
- The signal to noise of flat events is improved by the square root of the number of relevant input traces
- SFE allows explorationists on their own workstations to build an enhanced seismic traverse by specifying a swath of data from a 3D survey
- This data may then be processed using various control parameters supplied by the explorationist, who can then invoke the SFE traverse-building algorithm in the program and create the flat spot enhanced traverse.