Seismic Net Pay
The ARK CLS Seismic Net Pay (SNP) plugin is an improved method to estimate net pay from seismic attributes. SNP can estimate either net pay or net rock volume depending on the input data and the calibration.
All commercial plugins require OpendTect Pro.
- Seismic Net Pay provides a simple robust algorithm to estimate net pay from band limited impedance data (RAI) obtained from coloured inversion
- Corrects the average amplitude to seismic net-to-gross
- Application of power law geological models provides more accurate synthetic datasets to test and optimise net pay estimation algorithms
- Rapid, robust, inexpensive and eliminates the need for expert users
- Applicable for thin and not so thin reservoirs
- At critical interaction points the geoscientist is guided by the software
- Provides significant improvement over the reflectivity based techniques
- Has a proven track record of delivering results over many years
- Allows geoscientist to analyse the different sources of uncertainty thus leading to improvements in the final result
- Outputs uncertainty maps to constrain reservoir modelling which helps to ensure that models are consistent
- Standard outputs in map form include: net pay, seismic net-to-gross (time), seismic net-to-gross (depth) plus QC
- Uncertainty outputs in map form include: calibration uncertainty and total uncertainty.