HorizonCube is a global seismic interpretation plugin for 2D and 3D seismic data. A dense set of auto-generated seismic horizons is created that enables seismic data to be studied in new ways allowing more geologic information to be extracted. Specifically, HorizonCubes are used in sequence stratigraphic interpretation, imaging geomorphological features, correlating well markers, building low frequency models for seismic inversion workflows and in constructing detailed reservoir models.
The HorizonCube plugin is an add-on to Dip Steering while SSIS (Sequence Stratigraphic Interpretation System) plugin is an add-on to HorizonCube. Wheeler transformation (flattening) and systems tracts interpretation are part of SSIS. Well Correlation Panel (WCP) is a standalone plugin that optionally uses HorizonCubes to assist well correlations.
"The HorizonCube unlocks the stratigraphic information encoded in the immense number of local reflectors that are typically found between regional markers."
--Mike Pelissier, Integrated Geoscience Solutions Limited
All commercial plugins require OpendTect Pro.
Both model- and data-driven approaches to compute HorizonCubes are supported. The three model-driven (2D and 3D) approaches are: proportional, parallel to upper-, and parallel to lower framework horizon. Data-driven approaches automatically generate hundreds of correlated stratigraphic surfaces (horizons) per interval bounded by framework horizons. Horizons are created either by tracking the pre-calculated seismic dip field (2D and 3D), or by a flattening the dip field using an inversion approach (3D only). All approaches integrate horizons and faults.
Main HorizonCube features are:
- Create HorizonCubes for 2D and 3D seismic
- 2D slider to view intervals on sections
- 3D slider to view horizons and attributes and to extract 3D bodies
- Compute HorizonCube attributes such as isochron, curvature, density (highlights unconformities and condensed sections)
- 3D model building by gridding of logs (AI, EEI, GR, Porosity, Denstiy,...) along HorizonCube events
- Export hundreds of stratigraphically correlated horizons.